Arfak Birds Photography
Montane forests of the little-known Arfak Mountains foothill where wonders such as displaying Western Parotia, Magnificent Bird-of-paradise, Vogelkop Bowerbird, Black- billed Sicklebill, Arfak Astrapia and Long-tailed Paradigalla are just a few of a mouth-watering list of targets.
West Papua is tougher than most of our tours but conditions are much more comfortable than previously and it does offer some of the most exciting birding, fascinating travel and incredible experiences for the adventurous birder.
Day 1 Bali-Manokwari-to Arfak [same day] Afternoon birding
Day 2-Arfak [full day bird’s photography]
Day 3-Arfak [full day bird’s photography]
Day 4 Arfak[Half day birds photography]-Arfak- to Manokwari-Hotel-ends!
Day 5 Manokwari-Airport dropping-Departure [hotel service]
Days : 5D/4N
Group size : 1-2 people
Destinations : Arfak foothills
Special categories : Birds Photography & other Wildlife
Season : (Any time of the year)
No of pax : 2 People
75% Payment via PayPal to organize logistics, & rest on arrival in IDR.
Departure: Flight To Manokwari-Arfak Foothill (4 WD Drives)
On arrival, you will be picked up by 4WD & birding staff. Go for lunch somewhere, or make lunch boxes, same day heading up to Kwau village. It takes 3hrs-from there we will continue our birding to the Arfak Mountain. Some of these Birds are expected to be seen along driving to the Arfak foothill are: Grey-headed Goshawk, Brown Cuckoo-Dove, Pink Spotted Fruit-Dove, Red Cheeked & Eclectus Parrot, Palm & Sulphur Crested Cockatoo, Rufous-bellied Kookaburra, Blyth’s Hornbill, Rainbow Bee-eater, Barn Swallow, White-bellied Cuckoo-shrike, Lowland Peltops, Crested Pitohui, Papuan Flower pecker, Yellow-bellied Sunbird, Yellow-faced Myna, Lesser and King Bird of Paradise, Hooded Butcherbird, Torresian Crow, etc.
- Accommodation (Lorry kitt or Mr. Zeth house-flexible),
- Meals (B.L.D along day by day Birding trip in Arfak-Kwau village)
- Mineral water or boiled water for the Coffee & tea will be provided by cottage staff.
- Birding spots are not too Hard for 60-70 y.o (But some areas are need to be assisted
- Rubber boots or trekking shoes are still needed
- Home based Birding trip (Go & return to based).
- Just a Tips for carrying your camera 3-pot, or Camera backpack: 20$/pax
ARFAK FOOTHILL -IN GUEST HOUSE
- Walk maximum 1hr to get Bower BoP,
- Belongings carrier: 20$/pax for anyone who needs help.
- Walking sticks & Rubber boots are needed. Or better the trekking shoes.
- Some areas are up & down hills. But it’s okay! Many tourists experience walking these spots
- Physical condition matter is fine. You will walk slowly.
Day 2-Day 4
Kwauw village based
Kwau Village with daily visit to up higher elevation to allow us to see different species with our main target on:7 species of BOPs (Long-tailed Paradigala, Superb BOP, Western Parotia, Magnificent, Black and Buff-tailed Sicklebill, Arfak Astrapia), 1 species of Bowerbirds (Vogelkop Bowerbird), plus other non-BOP/Bowerbird, such as: the Wattled Brush-turkey, New Guinea Harpy Eagle, Black-mantled Goshawk, White-striped Forest-Rail, Black-billed Cuckoo-Dove, White-breasted Fruit-Dove, Papuan Mountain Pigeon, Rufescent Imperial Pigeon, White-throated Pigeon, Papuan & Yellow-billed Lorikeet, Blue-collared & Vulturine Parrot, Modest & Brehm’s Tiger Parrot, Chesnut-breasted Cuckoo, Papuan Boobook, Feline & Mountain Owlet Nightjar, Lesser Ground, Ashy, Smoky, Blue-grey, Green-backed & Garnet Robin, Lesser Malampita, Grey and Brown-breasted Gerygone, Rusty and Mountain Mouse Warbler, Vogelkop, Perplexing, Papuan & Grey-green Scrub-wren, Black & Rufous-backed Fantail, Mountain Peltops, Canary Flycather, Black and Yellow-breasted Boatbill, Dwarf, Sclater’s, Vogelkop, Lorenz & Rufous-naped Whistler, Black Pitohui, Tit Berrypecker, Western Mountain-eye, Dwarf & Rufous-sided Honeyeater, Mountain Red-headed and Red-collared Myzomela, Western Smoky Honey-eater, Cinnamon browed and Ornate Melidectes, Papuan Parrot Finch, Spotted Catbird, Black Sittella, and some other birds
Day 4 Arfak Foothill-Manokwari Town-Hotel
Half day birding
After breakfast we’ll proceed for morning birding and back for lunch. After lunch, we will pack up our gear and drive back to Manokwari town. We may stop on the way back for short birding or photography.
Check in at Mokwam Hotel or Valdos Hotel (Hotel room & Dinner are you’re your own pocket/Exclude our service).
This Trip inclusive :
- Meals (food) & mineral/Boiled water (along Birding tour)
- Birding Tour Guide & assistance Birding guide
- Land transport (4WD for: Arfak foothill Birding)
- [Zeth home stay OR Hans wonggor
- Travel permit
- Accommodations in Birding spots (Basic & standard cottage)
- Home based birding service
- All airline tickets
- Extra expense
- Credit phone
- Alcoholic stuff
- Tipping (20$ for helper) when necessary
- Travel insurance/Flights
- Personal health insurance
- Hotel room & Dinner after finished Birding